What is a Buying Group?
When making multiple deliveries to your area, the delivery becomes more economical, which means we're able to offer you a more competitive price for your fuel.
Village buying groups are scheduled to receive a delivery each month from January to November. By combining orders within your village this reduces distribution costs. These savings are then passed on to you resulting in a lower oil price.
Unlike some third-party consortium's, our Village Buying Groups are FREE to join, you are under no obligation to order and there is no price difference for small volumes (minimum order 500 litres). To join a buying group, you don't need to know anyone in the area, or be friends with someone in your village - we organise everything, so simply let us know if you are interested in joining.
We also offer a Monthly Savers Plan that allows you to spread the cost of your heating oil over the year, making paying for your home heating oil one less thing to worry about.
Step 1 - Ordering
- Register your interest by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or giving us a call on 01476 576200. You are not obliged to place an order this just enables us to keep you informed of upcoming deliveries that you may want to take advantage of.
- Delivery dates are pre-arranged, and you can request a copy of the schedule from our team.
- Your order must be placed by midday of the Friday prior to the scheduled delivery so we can guarantee your slot.
- Your order is placed before the price is set and we will contact you by email or text to confirm the price before delivery, giving you the option to opt out if you wish.
- You don't need to be present for your delivery unless there are access restrictions at your property. All of our deliveries are metered, and we will leave a delivery note at your property confirming the amount dispensed.
Step 2 - Pricing
- The price per litre is set two days before delivery. The reason we price so close to the delivery date is to achieve the most competitive price possible once we know exactly how many deliveries are to be made to each village buying group.
Step 3 - Payment
- You must provide debit card details at the time of order to reserve your slot - no payment is taken until the price has been confirmed and the delivery made. We will only charge you based on the actual quantity delivered.
- If you are already on a savers plan, we will take the order total from your balance. If there is an outstanding balance the extra payment must be taken on a card by calling our office on 01476 576200.